On June 16, 2014, Geopath released the first major update to out-of-home ratings since their launch in 2010.
Incorporating traffic speed and congestion data from more than 100 million drivers across thousands of roads nationwide, the enhanced system enables individual spot ratings for all audited digital inventory. The updated system also impacts static inventory, providing more detailed and accurate ratings across all formats.
This is good news for the OOH industry. Advertisers have long asked for accurate ratings on digital spots, and we can now provide them with confidence and consistency. More accurate data from the Geopath brings with it more credibility and accountability – which we are happy to provide our clients.
A few key points regarding the new ratings:
- The Geopath will now report spot ratings, not structure ratings for digital inventory
- Ratings for all inventory, including static, are impacted by the changes
- The impact of these changes will vary widely by market, since each market has a different mix of formats, road types, and traffic patterns
- Though total digital impressions will increase, spot-level reporting means digital CPMs will also rise
- Ratings are now available via Geopath’s Audience Delivery System, as well as Telmar.
- New ratings are now available via the Geopath Audience Delivery System; they are slated to be available via Telmar in July